10.990 isk per person
all year, daily
Your whale watching Reykjavik adventure begins at Reykjavik’s Old Harbor, just minutes away from the city center. The friendly guides, along with the captain and crew, point out where to spot the whales and give interesting information about the different kinds of whales and seabirds you can expect to see. The most common species on these tours are minke whales, white-beaked dolphins, humpback whales and harbor porpoises.
We operate one of the largest AND one of the fastest whale watching passengers boats in Iceland, Andrea and Lilja.
Andrea is one of the biggest whale watching boats in Iceland! Andrea has fantastic interior and exterior areas with plenty of space for everyone. There are also restrooms and a café & souvenir shop on board! Andrea is operated on the Classic Tour, which has an educational and interactive focus, where our passengers get to see and feel objects like baleen plates, whale teeth, and whale bones. Our guides also take specimens from the ocean and show them to our passengers on an onboard screen using special microscopes. Here the ocean comes to life in front of our passengers!
Our Whale Watching Express is a shorter tour operated with a faster boat, Lilja, one of the newest additions to our fleet, with extra outdoor viewing platforms. She gets you to the whale watching area in only 15-20 minutes, so in total the whole tour takes a mere 2-2.5 hours. You spend less time traveling, but the same amount of time whale watching as on other whale watching tours from Reykjavík.
Adults (16+) 10.990 isk,
Teenagers (7-15) 5.495 isk,
Children (0-6) free
- Faxafloi Bay,
- whale watching,
- Minke Whales,
- White-Beaked Dolphins,
- Harbour Porpoises,
- Humpback Whales
Duration: Classic 3-3,5 hours or Express 2-2,5hours
Availability: all year (depending on the tour and the weather)
Pick up: not included. Add 2.000 isk for additional pick-up.
Pick-up starts 1 hour before departure. It is possible from your accommodation or the closest designated bus stop in Reykjavik. Check bus stops on www.busstop.is and confirm at time of booking.
Departure times for Classic, with the boat Andrea:
09:00*, 13:00, 17:00**
*9:00 – March 1st-November 15th
13:00 – year-round
**17:00 – May 1st-September 30th
Departure times for Express, with the boat Lilja:
10:00*, 14:00**, 21:00***
*10:00 – May 1st-September 30th
**14:00 – May 1st-September 30th
***21:00 – June 15th-July 31st
- If you do not book additional pick-up, please be at the meeting point 30min before the departure
- We follow the IceWhale code of conduct for responsible whale watching as we have great respect for the wildlife on the bay. We let the animals approach us and keep our distance so that we do not disturb their daily routine.
- Weather and sea conditions can be unpredictable, especially during the winter months. Boat captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort.
- When booking the whale watching tour you have the option of adding either lunch or dinner to your reservation. Kopar Restaurant will serve delicious fish feasts for you, whenever you prefer to reserve the table – just let us know!
- Sometimes in the winter, we might sail from other harbors south of Reykjavik for better sea conditions. Then we will provide transport for all passengers to the alternative location of departure. The duration of the tour will be slightly longer due to this extra journey from Reykjavik to the other harbor and back.
- This tour is a Partner Tour
- Guided boat tour
- Free ticket to try again in case of no sightings!
- Educational & interactive focus on Andrea
- Warm floatable overalls – also available in children‘s sizes!
- Free Wi-Fi
- Café, souvenir shop & restrooms on board
- Pick-up and drop-off from and to your accommodation
- Fish adventure dinner at Kopar Restaurant
- Lunch at Kopar Restaurant (available from Monday to Friday 11:30 – 14:00)
what to bring
- warm & waterproof clothes (hats, mittens, scarfs),