110000 ISK 1-4 people in the car
10 hours (12-13 hours with the optional Into the Glacier Tour)
Join our off the beaten track Hvalfjorður Private Tour if you want to visit a less explored but spectacular part of Iceland.
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Reykjavik in the morning to start our private jeep adventure to the less explored West of Iceland.
Our tour will start by driving beautiful Hvalfjordur, the Whale Fjord, which was one of the most important naval stations during the Second World War and once one of the leading whaling stations in Iceland.
Remaining of the whaling station and the buildings built by the allies can still be seen. Most people heading West or North prefer taking the underwater tunnel connecting Reykjavik and Akranes, thus missing this spectacular fjord, which is the home of Iceland’s highest waterfall, Glymur. Be prepared for some stunning views of the fjord and its calm waters.
We will visit Deildartunguhver, Europe’s most significant natural hot spring and we will take a relaxing bath in Krauma, a new geothermal spa with hot tubs, saunas, and a relaxation room. Here you will be able to spend some time relaxing and enjoying the quiet nature of West Iceland.
Our off the beaten track Hvalfjorður Private Tour will continue to Reykholt, one of Iceland’s most notable historical sites, and to the beautiful waterfalls Hraunfoss and Barnafoss, where you will discover some Icelandic legends.
We then continue to Húsafell center, where you can enjoy a drink, a snack or join the tour Into the Glacier, where a specially modified truck will drive you on a glacier before you start your experience inside a man-made cave under Langjökull glacier, the second largest in Iceland (Into the Glacier).
You will have plenty of time to take pictures and explore each location. Lunch and coffee breaks will be made, as well as comfort stops to make sure you have the best possible experience during our off the beaten track Private Hvalfjorður Tour.
WHY CHOOSE US? CLICK TO READ ABOUT US!
Private Tour in Modified Jeep for 1 – 4 people: 110 ISK.
This is a Private Tour. On this private tour, you are booking a whole car that can accommodate up to 4 passengers.
For larger parties or groups, please contact us on email@example.com
When booking tickets to Krauma SPA and for the Into the Glacier Tour, please select the correct number of travelers.
- Krauma geothermal pool and spa
- Deildartunguhver hot spring
- Hraunfoss and Barnafoss waterfalls
- pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik. Please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up outside Reykjavik metropolitan area can be arranged at an extra cost of 25000 ISK per every additional 50 km
- transport by comfortable 4×4 Jeep
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Certified English speaking guide
- Complementary water and coffee
- Free Wi-Fi in the car
- Optional Into the Glacier Tour. Price for the optional tour 19500 ISK per person and must be booked in advance
- Entrance to Krauma geothermal pool. Entrance to Krauma SPA is 4300 ISK per person
what to bring
warm & waterproof clothes, camera, swimsuit & towel (both can be rented at Krauma)